Friday, January 9, 2009

Introduction, part I

This, the debut essay of Chinese Ant Farm, initiates an unapologetic, hard line anti-China stance on the China blogosphere. It will be decisive, unhesitating, and virtually relentless in its condemnation of China, but will come from what will have to be realized in time as a progressive position, though no doubt there will be some who will refute that.

Its advent is born from five years of expatriate experience. With it I have finally decided to pronounce a verdict on what I have discerned after residing in all of Greater China, save Macao, at one length of time or another. Very early on in my expatriation, which began in Taiwan back in '91, I arrived at the conclusion that the Chinese, as denizens of the “modern industrial world”, had created a complete human fiasco on nearly countless levels, one simply unmatched in scope, in my opinion, by anywhere else in the world.

This conclusion has only increased in magnitude and certainty over time, and despite much introspection that has sought to arrive at a more wholesome disposition toward this corner of the globe, still find that what my reason reports regarding it to be unimpeachable- and that this antipathy will not be departing any time soon.

Nevertheless, I will strive to approach the subject of China with as much dignity and compassion as I may. Given my predominant bias that may not always be clear or evident.

No comments:

Post a Comment